Can we get an iOS update sooner then later?

That’s not the same issue. That’s a feature request that I believe has already been logged

Crashes constantly on mine too. You are not alone😂

Did you try this? I think it worked for the OP.

Cold restart did the job on both mine and the wife’s iPhones

Haven’t had the app crash in a week.

First time I’ve ever heard it called “cold restart”. In Apple terms, it’s always just been called a forced restart AFAIK.

Anyway, not to take away from the OP’s crashing problem, I have to say that I’ve been a Roon user for 3 years. In those years I’ve had Roon installed on iPhone X, 11 Pro Max, and now 12 Pro Max. I’ve had zero crashes, zero issues. Right now I’m running iOS 14.4 and still no issues.

Is it possible there may be an app running in the background that is causing Roon to crash? Have you tried force quitting all apps and just have Roon open to see if it still crashes?

Just to make it easy to answer your question

Yes!!

I would call my self pretty tech savvy, tried everything before posting.

The so called “cold reboot” helped. Not sure what it does, but when using a MacBook you can reboot your rig and clean out the PRam I wonder if it’s the same thing going on with the iPhone?

Yes. Forced restarts always seems to help when your iPhone or iPad is not behaving properly or if an app is not working properly. It’s the first thing I suggest to friends and family when they ask for help with their devices.

It’s crap and has been for some time now. Says I don’t have music. Takes forever to load. It’s not good. Same issue with core. Over time it gets slower and slower. Roon is nice but way too labor intensive. I don’t know if the developers are trying to do too much but by now, it should be easy and work like a streaming service with better quality. Which is questionable a lot of times. Maybe it’s the demographic that puts up with this because no 20 and 30 year olds would.

I use iPad and iPhone as my “remotes”… never had a single crash.

I have an iPad Pro 2020 and 2 old Mini’s . Never a blip, never needed to reboot other than iOS updates

Can’t comment on iPhones, I’m all Samsung .

I would look elsewhere, most Roon issues go back to networking , is it a WiFi issue ?

Ageist comments don’t help, maybe it could have been better phrased that older people have learned patience

I must remember to have my cell phone surgically attached to my hand , I may spot the issues better :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I’ve reported this problem a half dozen times over the last couple years, with logs. Roon is using too much memory, and the OS is killing the Roon app. Reboots defer the problem until later, as does a reinstall. But I guarantee you, if you’re having this problem, it will be back.

It’s frustrating enough that I’ve considered leaving the platform, but there really isn’t anything else out there that scratches my itch, so I deal with it.

4 Likes

This problem is just incredibly frustrating. I recently signed for a lifetime licence so in it for the long haul…

I have this across my current iPhone 12 Pro, my previous iPhone 11 Pro Max and two iPads.

Epic fail…

If a power down and restart clears it up, then how often do you have to do that?

Doesn’t solve it for me…

Try this (as an experiment) -

The steps outlined above seem to have helped resolve the issue on my iPhone 12 Pro.

The app hasn’t force closed since I reinstalled it last night. I have a feeling that these instructions shouldn’t be pinned somewhere for everyone to see.

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.