Can you get Roon to merge the stereo channels into mono?

One of my power amps is currently being repaired, which means I lose major bits of some parts of music if one guitar is in the left or wright channel only (for example).

Can the Roon DSP collapse the stereo recording and pump it out as a mono signal temporarily if I ask it?

3 Likes

This is so cool

Won’t a two into one phono into your remaining power amp work?

You would definitely not want to hardwire two output stages with differing signals together.
At certain points in time one stage would want to source while the other tries to sink, effectively creating a short that will cause unwanted distortion of even damage to the output devices.
It can be done by implementing voltage dividers though.

1 Like

You learn something every day. Thank you.

I tried the matrix mixer at -3, -3, -3 and -3 as recommended above while one of my monoblock amps was out for repair, too. It worked OK, but I noticed when I got the repaired amp back in the system that the vocals on the song Creeque Alley (the Mamas & the Papas) were almost indiscernable. It was as if that audio was being routed to a center channel for which my system is not equipped.

This turned out to be a good thing, because it reminded me that I needed to disable the Procedural EQ filter.