CanJam NYC (2024)

Hello Roon Community,

I hope you are doing well. I am writing this post to share my experience at my first CanJam. New York City is a great place to host this amazing event. The event location, the Marriott Marquis, is in central Manhattan and is easy to access via mass transit.

The event was a tad overwhelming, as there was just so much audio eye candy. Nevertheless, for someone who loves music, it was nirvana. Every top-end manufacturer that I am familiar with was present. And many others were also on hand to show off their wares.

I rarely have an opportunity to interact with other audiophiles, so I geeked out. I have to say, though, everyone was pretty cool.

Noteworthy Products:

IEMS

• Blessing 3 Dusk
  • Subtonic Storm
  • Symphonium Crimson
  • Fat Freq (Scarlet Mini; Grand Maestro)

Full-Sized Headphones

• Sennheiser HD 600 (ZMF Perforated Leather Pads)
  • ZMF Atrium, Open and Closed
  • ZMF Verite Closed
  • Focal Utopia
  • Stax (SR-X9000; SR-L 700MK II)
  • Meze Empyrean II

Amps/DACS

• Any and everything in the HeadAmp exhibition, shout out to Justin!
  • Schiit Bifrost 2
  • Woo Audio Tube Mini
  • Chord Mojo 2

As stated, there was so much to take in over the weekend that I may post again.

This hobby can be expensive, so as an average consumer, it means a lot to me to know that I will receive top-line support and service. On that note, I want to shout out the following companies/people:

• BloomAudio.com (You guys, well, you know what’s up!)
  • Crinnacle.com (My wife loves the pic you took with my son)
  • Eletech (Lin, et al., you guys make a great product and are gracious to boot)
  • DCA
  • Headphones.com
  • Shout out to DMS; Goldensound, and Resolve. You are personable, knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. Thanks for helping to make this event fun and exciting. Hit me up for the Bluenose 75 collections, guys.
  • Subtonic; Symphonium; Hiby
  • ZMFHeadphones.com
    AJ, Bevin, Katherine, Zach, and everyone in that showroom, you were all so cool!

All well wishes,

David

3 Likes