Cannot add Tidal album to library

Roon Nucleus 1.7 build 555

Controlling from an iPad running Roon 1.7 build 571

All was working fine until last update and from then I cannot add any Tidal album to my library. It says that it is taking longer than normal and will continue trying in the background. But it never manages it.

My Nucleus has an 2TB internal SSD - there is at least 1 TB spare.

I can play the album fine.

Thanks for your help.

Don

Update your nucleus to the same level 571.

Hi

I have updated my core to build 571 - still cannot add a Tidal album to my library.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Don

Try signing out of Tidal in Roon, then back in.

I have logged out and then back in - still no joy.

Don

Hello @Donald_Gaudoin, are you having any issues playing content from TIDAL in Roon? What if you favorite an album in TIDAL, does it sync to Roon if you force a sync?

Hi

It is all working now - no idea what the problem was but it is now happily adding albums from Tidal into my library.

Thanks for the help

Don

Hello @Donald_Gaudoin, we sync with TIDAL on a timer so it might not have been time just yet, there’s always that forced sync option though if you need! Please let me know if you have further issues in the future, we’re here to help!

I’m having the exact same issue. It will play Tidal albums and tracks but will not add to the Library , says “It’s taking longer than normal” but it never actually adds to Library. I’ve logged out of Tidal, logged back in , restarted Roon…no luck.Version 1.7 (build 555)

Build 555? You should be on Build 571…

Weird - my “About” page on the Roon software shows 571. When I use the web log in 192…, it shows 555

Core shows 555 on “About” and says there’s an error checking for an update.Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 9.36.26 AM

That’s the issue - it will not update to 571, even after I press Reinstall on the web interface and Restart the Nucleus+

OK - I see this issue being reported in various threads on the forum. @support - is this as a result of yesterday’s outage, or is something elese going on? Thanks.

I think the issue boils down to how to force Roon to upgrade to the latest build? This problem has been with me for at least a couple of weeks. Should I Uninstall Roon and download the package again for a fresh install? Thanks for the help

The not-updating issue is on the Nucleus, not on your Mac, so I doubt whether uninstalling/reinstalling Roon on the Mac will have any effect. Let’s wait for Support to chime in…

OK problem solved, it now finally allowed me to install 571 and it’s adding albums to my library. Thanks

1 Like

Did you do anything (e.g. yet another reboot of the Nucleus), or did it mysteriously start working on its own?

It just mysteriously gave me an indication that an upgrade was available in the About section of the Settings menu. Prior to this it said”checking for upgrade” then “unable to upgrade at this time”.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.