Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC i3-8109U 8th Gen, 16gb RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Raspberry Pi 4, RoPieee into SMSL SU-9 DAC

Library Size

N/A

Description of Issue

I recently changed the Configure Now Playing Screen options so that it would only show the Album Artwork. After changing the settings, the Configure Now Playing Screen gear icon is no longer available.

I would like to change the Now Playing screen back to showing the moving lyrics but I no longer have the option to Configure Now Playing Screen.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I’m afraid you’ve been bitten by a bug. It is known to Roon Labs and should be fixed in a future release, but no timescale has been given (Roon Labs don’t give timescales). See this thread for more information:

This is one I really do not understand.
There won´t be a lot of people hurted by this bug, but it should be simple to resolve.
And if more complicated , than a quick workaround by not allowing configuration
At all should be put in place.
Now topic starter has to reinstall Roon to get rid of the problem.

These kind of bug should be solved with the next release after detection.
Dirk

The bug is only removed by a re-install of the Roon Core, or resetting/deleting the Roon database. It won’t be cured by a reinstall of Roon on the device running the Roon user interface.

The one saving grace is that if you have more than one control device, the bug will not spread itself to the rest.

I hear you on your view of prioritisation of bug-fixing, but it may be that things are not as simple as they may appear.