Cannot Connect to ARC (ref#IRBG9D)

Affected Product

Roon ARC

ARC Issue Category

Can’t connect outside the home

Description of Issue

Hello,
I am requesting tech support for the below issues preventing from connecting to ARC. I did not know to provide this info to the roonlab community. Please advise.

Roon Core Machine
Roon Nucleus
MAC Address: 48-21-0b-25-D5-DB
Local Network Address: 192...
Roon Core IP: 192...
PORT: 55000
ROG Strix G17 G712LW by ASUS 17 Inch Gamer Notebook (Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB, 17.3" FHD 144Hz 3ms, Windows 11 Home) Gaming Laptop Computer
Networking Gear & Setup Details
Who is your internet service provider?
Spectrum
Please list the make and model of your modem and router.
Netgear Nighthawk (Router) My Router: Nighthawk RAXE500

Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
No
Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
Using Express VPN on Laptop. ARC not working if the VPN is on or off, no proxy servers or enterprise-grade software
Connected Audio Devices
Roon Ready Eversolo DMP-A6 Music Streamer, Sony HT-A9, and Sony HT-A3000 wireless speakers (Both are working with Roon Nucleus) Vanatoo Desktop speakers working from Eversolo Streamer connected to Cayin IDAC-6 MK2 DAC and are working fine

Description of Issue -
{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“192...”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}
Can the support team assist with resolving this issue preventing connection to ARC?

Thank you

David

Thank you.
If I need to do the custom port forwarding, I would need assistance with setting:
External starting and ending ports
Internal IP address (Is this the Nucleus’s IP already connected?)

Thanks again!

1 Like

Welcome to the community David.

I’m just a Roon user like yourself.

You may want to try toggling the UPnP setting on your router, as well as reboot the router. For more information, you may also wan to review the Knowledge Base Port Forwarding Troubleshooting article. More specifically the section “Generic Error (unknown/undefined)”.n

If that does not help, I also found this post specifically about having Spectrum as an ISP, although I’m not sure if it is still relevant as I believe that ARC has been adapted for IPv6 compatibility.

Hi @rychster,

Thank you for your post and for your patience as we worked through the queue to reach your inquiry.

I’ve lightly edited your original post to protect some information specific to your network, since this page is publicly visible.

To set a custom port forwarding rule, you’ll first need to enter the web administration page for each router in your network setup. If you have an internet-service provider Modem as well as a third-party router, you’ll need to set the same rule across both devices.

Routers have a specific IP address you can enter to login into the web administration page where these settings are visible: How to Connect to Your Home Router as an Administrator

Port forwarding rules will often be available under a tab labelled “Port Forwarding,” “Security,” “UPnP,” or similar.

If requested, the rule format you’ll need is TCP. The static IP address and port number you will enter should match those listed within Roon under Settings → ARC. In your case, this will be the static IP address of the Nucleus and the port Roon has assigned for port forwarding, 55000.

Once these rules are in place, restart your computer and your router(s).

If you still receive an error diagnostic message, try changing the port from 55000 to something different, like 57000, both within Roon and the custom port forwarding rules. Sometimes, your ISP will have reserved the initial port assignment.

If you’re still having trouble, please respond here with the most recent diagnostic message from Roon → Settings → ARC.

Hello Connor,

Thank you for the reply and guidance.

I was able to successfully do the port forwarding and the ARC is working now.

Thanks so much for your assistance!

David

Hello SvenM,

I was able to get the port fowarding completed so the ARC is working now.

Thank you.

David

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.