Roon Core Machine

SonicTransporter & MicroRendu

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear Nighthawk X4

Connected Audio Devices

Chord Mojo

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Have been running Roon on this system for 5+ years. Got back from a month travel and while I can play Spotify through the system, Roon will not connect. I have updated all SonicOrbiter software and rebooted both Transporter & Rendu. Have removed and reinstalled Roon App on both iPad and iPhone. Neither device will connect. Any suggestions please.

Please read through the thread below:

Hey @Clive_Pinder,

We’ve seen a handful of users running Roon on a sonic transport run into similar issues. The solution here was to completely delete your Roon Core on your SonicTransporter following the steps below:

1. Make a backup of your Roon database
  2. Head into Software Manager>Installed Apps tab. Click Roon Server and DELETE
  3. Reboot your SonicTransport, head to Available Apps, and re-install Roon Server.
  4. Reboot your SonicTransporter again.
  5. Launch Roon and select “Select a different Core”
  6. Restore from your previously saved backup

Let me know if you have any questions, and if your issue persists after the above :pray:

1 Like

Update…Issue Resolved. I uninstalled and reinstalled Roon App on the Transporter. That is the second time I have had to do that this year!

1 Like

I had same problem on my SonicTransporter i9 optical.
I had to uninstall and reinstall ROON about 1 week ago. And this was after the IP address changed for my ROON Core due to router DHCP.
But today, after installing latest ROON version, it happened again.
Hope I don’t have to continually reinstall and uninstall ROON Core app.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.