Cannot connect to my Roon core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon core installed on a external SSD connected to a QNAP NAS
[Kingston - SA400S37/120G - SSD Interne A400 2.5" (120Go)]

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

The NAS is connected to my network in Etherned Gigabit

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

I am using many android devices to control my music

Description Of Issue

My setup was working perfectly. After a QNAP update, it started to fail.
I am now unable to connect to my Roon Core.
When I check the statut of my Roon server on my NAS, it tells me that the roon server is running.
I tried to uninstall and reintall the server but it doesn’t solve the issue.
It is very annoying because I cannot use Roon and I love it. Please help me.

Hi @Marc_Spiniella — What do you see on your remotes when you try to connect? Does the Core show up at all?

Yes the core is showing in green. Now I come to the login screen. I have the roon login with the word logging that stays on the screen forever.
I cannot log from any android device in Wifi nor on my PC.
After a while on my PC (running windows), I have the following message:

Hello @Marc_Spiniella, my apologies for the delay here. If you restart the core and your network does this still occur? Can you tell me what router you have?

Hi Nuwry, sorry I had health issue so I couldn’t reply to you. Yes i did full re-installation and restart of everything and is is still occuring. I have a routeur from a French ISP SFR. The model is the N6B.
My NAS is connected to the box via ethernet cable. The roon server is on an external SSD connected in USB 3 to the NAS. The staus of the core is green. Running. Please help me I am desesperated.

Hello @Marc_Spiniella, sorry to hear that but hope you’re doing better! Could you try a different core temporarily to see if the issue can be reproduced? I’d try the Windows machine as the core and see if your android device can connect without issue.

I just install the CORE on my windows machine and everything is running fine using my android devices.
But this is not my dream setup as I don’t have always my PC connected. What do I do next.
I am better thanks. Take care and thanks for your support

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.