Thank you for your response.
The issue was persisting on all devices including the core.
After a couple of hours of trial and error, it seems I managed to get it started. I uninstalled roon from core, reboot my PC. Uninstall tidal from core reboot my PC. Uninstalled both programs from my Android and iOS devices. Then installed Roon and then tidal and now working.
Not a network thing as it was occurring even on the core that is connected via Ethernet. Again, everything was working fine for the last 2 weeks
My current issue now though is that my devices keep “losing” contact with the core. Pixel/iphone keeps searching and cannot find it. The core is up and running and is working fine to stream music. Everything will start running again once I close and restart roon on the core.
My roon core is a typical gaming PC about 1 year old. 8th gen i7, 16 gb ram, ssd, 2080ti, connected via ethernet to netgear orbi with 2 sats.
I am looking at potentially getting a dedicated intel nuc, but I am going to wait and see if roon is stable enough for our family. With Sonos it was plug and Play. Most people who try roon are quite techie, but I bet their families are not so happy to work with finicky devices/ programs. I have only been using roon for a few weeks, but already I’ve invested a fair amount of time troubleshooting issues.
With roon I am looking for “audiophile sound quality” and it does seem to sound much better coming through my Cambridge streamer than my Sonos bridge into my integrated amp. So that is certainly a positive.
Thank you for your help in advance.