Cannot favorite TIDAL tracks that are not part of library

Let me first clarify when you should expect the Favorite button to work, versus when it should not work.

Content in your library can be accessed from any of the browsers – Album browser, Artist browser, Track browser, etc. Any tracks or albums you “star” on TIDAL or Qobuz will appear in your library, and you should always be able to favorite the content in your library.

Content in the TIDAL & Qobuz browsers are not in your library – these browsers are provided so you can access editorial content (like playlists), browse lists of new releases, and get a direct view of your TIDAL or Qobuz favorites that’s not subject to Roon’s library management features (like duplicate detection).

This view is offered as a reference for completeness sake – it’s simply a straight list of favorites we get from TIDAL, and it’s not meant to provide a fully functional browsing experience or replace your library – in fact, it’s designed specifically to link to the original content outside your library. As such, you won’t be able to favorite content you browse to via this screen.

There’s some more information about the differences between albums inside and outside your library here.

I’ll also mention that we are considering some changes in this area, so you’re able to favorite content outside your library. I don’t have a timeline, so for now I wanted to explain why this TIDAL > Favorites section even exists for albums and tracks, since that content exists in other parts of the app.

All of that said, the video posted above does look like a bug – the more information you can provide @Andrey_Putilov, the better. For example, does this happen every time? What steps are you taking before the recording starts? How can we make this happen in house? If we’re able to reproduce I’m sure we can get it fixed, so thanks in advance for the feedback here.