Cannot Find Networked Streamer - Cyrus Stream X Signature

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Cyrus Stream X Signature

Description Of Issue
I have Roon installed on my Windows laptop, together with Roon Bridge.

Unfortunately, my networked streamer does not appear in the list of audio devices available. How can I find this device so that I can ouput audio to it?

For comparison: Audirvana finds it immediately!

Thank you.

What model streamer is it. Roon can only find Roon Ready streamers or devices with Chromecast or Airplay. It will not find a DNLA streamer.

Hi Henry, thanks for your reply. The streamer is a Cyrus Stream X Signature, which I believe is DNLA/UPnP only. Looks like Roon is not for me after all :disappointed_relieved:

Hi @Skyrideruk,

According to the documentation I could find on this DAC it does appear that it only supports DNLA apps via the network, but not to worry, there are still other ways you can use this DAC with Roon.

The simplest and most affordable solution here would be to use a Rasberry Pi as a networked Roon Bridge and have the Rasberry Pi facilitate the connection to the DAC, either via USB or Optical.

There are plenty of pre-built Roon Bridge Pi’s (Sonore’s Micro/Ultra Rendu line, Allo USBride, HiFiberry just to name a few) or if you have a Rasberry Pi around and don’t mind a bit of DIY, you can install DietPi/Ropieee software and use the Pi directly as the bridge.

Hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, just let me know!

Hi Noris,

Thank you for your suggestion, I will check out the options…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.