Cannot get ARC to work in my car

From the manual:

For “Service Name” use “Roon ARC”.

TCP/UDP is fine.

In the “External Port range” field enter the port number you see Roon is using for Roon ARC. That is found on the Roon Core under “Settings → Roon ARC”.

Check “Use the same port range for Internal port”.

Type the Roon Core IP (found on the Roon Core under “Settings → Roon ARC”) in the “Internal IP address” field.

That should get your port forwarding configured. Going to “Settings → Roon ARC” will tell you if the port forwarding change fixes the problem.

Will try when home. Thanks

Hey MJ, I really appreciate your help but it still does not work unfortunately.

I wonder if the problem lies with my hub rather than my Router.

My ISP is BT and the Orbi serves as a wifi mesh router plus satellites

What is the error message?

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“31.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

Just turned uPnP back on and now got

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“31.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“10.0.0.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\” s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\“><s:Body><s:Fault>s:ClientUPnPError<UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">501ActionFailed</s:Fault></s:Body></s:Envelope>”}
}

One further thought. My Roon Core is hard wired to a roon rbs850 satellite and not the rbr850 core.

The satellite has a different IP address. Should i be using that?

I am pretty sure that even if you get Arc sorted it will still NOT play using Android Auto in your car, it is not supported at this time.
My Arc works perfectly in the car via Bluetooth, connect it via USB for Android Auto and it is not available as an option .

Hi @Richard_Pratt ,

Thanks for reaching out and for your patience here.

The issue here is likely your BT Hub acting as a secondary router. Please see the following thread where setting up the BT hub is discussed in detail:

You may want to try Bridging the BT hub or setting the manual port forwarding as per the thread instructions. Hope this helps!

This is hopeless. Not a clue what any of that means. The threads are multi faceted so it’s not clear what i’m meant to do next.

I have my Orbi wifi mesh connecting to the BT hub.

Does tbat tbread even cater for that

It’s probably best i just give up.

Hi @Richard_Pratt ,

Which version of the BT Hub do you have, the Smart Hub, Hub 2, Hub 3?

As per some of the other user’s suggestions, I would try to configure manual port forwarding in the Hub settings, the menu should look similar to the following:

I do not even have a clue how to access the BT smart hub manager.

A guided call would have been nice. I appreciate this forum works for most but not for me.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.