Cannot get ARC to work in my car

I have linked ARC to my Roon Core. When i try to play ARC through my Car (Android Auto) the ARC just spins.

I must confess i find these Community posts extremely technical.

I am looking for a simple explanation of either what i’m doing wrong or what i need to wait for, without being blinded by jargon.

My car is a BMW M5 my2021 and i use an Android phone.

1 Like

Have you gotten Roon ARC set up properly so that it will play to your Android phone over cellular when away from home? That is the first step. After that, you might be able to get it to play in your car.

Roon has not introduced a CarPlay or Android Auto integration for Roon ARC as of yet. It does work to a degree with CarPlay, but I don’t know about Android Auto. If not, does your car have a 3.5mm aux input jack. If so, you can probably use that to connect to your car’s sound system.

Hi Jim. I’m not entirely sure if it is set up correctly or not. I only have a need for it in the car. It certainly appears to recognise my core

You don’t need to walk around the block…just turn off WiFi to test from the comfort of your home. Why do people keep saying to do this??

1 Like

If walking around the block is that much of an ordeal, you can just turn off WIFI. Geez.

No offence taken. I have tried outside. 5G signal. Shows as connected to core but tracks either spin or it then says not connected to core.

I am assuming i don’t need to download what i want to listen to. That sort of defeats the object of it

You’ll need to get this sorted out first. You should be able to stream from your Roon core to your phone over a cellular connection.

Walking is good for you!

Reviewing this it appears ARC is not configuring itself automatically to work outside the home. I’d suggest you open a post in support category (or maybe a mod can move this). Solving this will require “jargon” however. When ARC does not automatically configure itself there can be thousands of reasons and narrowing down the problem requires at least some jargon.

You can try looking through this known list of things which others have done to work with specific hardware and Internet service providers.

I have this terrifying vision of thousands of audiophiles in overpowered luxury sports sedans careening all over the road while trying to navigate Roon’s UI on a tiny panel to the right of their steering wheel…

Or the left side, I suppose, in the British realms.

Thank you.
Please can a MOD help.
Given there’s no customer service number I would welcome someone helping that represents Roon.

Are you sure you have ARC working correctly for remote access? Show us a screen shot of what you see in he Settings → Roon ARC window. That will tell us a lot…

Hi

It says ROON ARC 1.0.23
Build 100059

And my sign in email

No, from your Core, not you remote device.

Error message as follows

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“31.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“10.0.0.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\” s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\“><s:Body><s:Fault>s:ClientUPnPError<UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">501ActionFailed</s:Fault></s:Body></s:Envelope>”}
}

Roon ARC is not going to work in your car until you fix this error.

Who is your ISP? What router are you using at home? Have you checked to see if UPnP is properly setting the port forwarding in your router?

1 Like

BT hub
But i use Netgear Orbi router wifi6
Settings in Orbi app not allowing me to check uPnP settings

Is there not a Roon person who can call me to guide me through? This self-help mantra is great if you live and breath this stuff

Thanks for your help. I have hone to advanced settings of my router.

Port forwarding activated
Service name - FTP?

I have set server IP address as for the Core

Protocsl = TCP?

Port reference matches

Still not working. What next?

Which model number Orbi router?

Hi it’s the RBR850