Cannot get my nucleus to connect

Roon Server Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I have tried for a few days and I cannot get my nucleus up and running. After moving I connected everything back up, powered on and used my pc to find my nucleus…nothing. Tried the tablet…nothing. Light is on for power, light is on for ethernet at the nucleus and the router. Neither is flashing. I hooked the nucleus up to the TV with a USB keyboard. HDMI 2 says there is a Intel Nuc connected but I cant do a thing with it. Dont want to throw it away but between the first start up and now this, Im thinking of just getting over Roon.

Any help is appreciated. d

@Tim_Willows, welcome to the Community. Can you post a photo of what you are seeing when the Nucleus’ HDMI connection is made to a TV or monitor? Also, how old is the Nucleus, and from where did you purchase it?

Hi @Tim_Willows,

Ben with the suppor team here, thanks for writing in! Sorry to hear about your Nucleus issues. @Robert_F is correct in next steps with their questions:

I’m not seeing the Nucleus online within your account info. It may be worth resetting the network settings on the Nucleus. Steps to follow below:

1. Connect the Nucleus to a monitor or TV via HDMI.
  2. Connect a USB keyboard to the Nucleus.
  3. Power on the Nucleus and let it boot.
  4. Press ENTER
  5. Type resetnetwork
  6. Press ENTER

Let me know if you’re able to connect afterward. Thanks! :+1:

1 Like

I tried your suggestion before I posted this to the forum. That is how I know that when I hooked it up to my TV HDMI input 2 changed to Intel NUC. I’m not sure of the age. I bought it through E-Bay from a reputable seller. It was an ordeal to get it working the first time but it would still show on my network. It just took awhile working through the firewall settings and IP addresses to get it going. once I did its was awesome. I have moved so the unit has been off for close to a year. Like I have stated it powers on but the network connection is not working. It is plugged in and lit up

The unit is a nucleus+ (REV B) SN# 54B203982ACC

Left it plugged in and connected to my network overnight.
Now it works. PFM
Thanks all,
Tim

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.