Cannot get Roon to work as a Roon core with Innuos

This solved the issue…

Are Roon aware of this networking problem? Also, is this a safe thing to do?

I understand that networking issues between devises running different OSs isn’t a Roon issue. However, the error messaging and associated guidance when trying to navigate to a Roon backup for restore could be better? I was on the way down the USB route. I had copied the backup folder to a USB stick, but couldn’t navigate to that either.

This is the only problem with Roon (from a lay user perspective) IMHO. It isn’t obvious that the Roon Core/Server is something that needs careful consideration when setting out to use Roon, particularly how crucial the backups are and moving the Core/switching between Cores, what Roon can run on/what it should be run on etc.

Plus, networking. There needs to be a better way to automate the networking capabilities of the Roon system. Other software doesn’t seem to have all these networking issues.

When I started out, if I know then what I know now I would’ve considered a dedicated server much more carefully.

I am considering moving to a dedicated server at some point in the future. What are Roon’s thoughts on the the M1 Mac Mini?