Cannot get to tidal version?

Same here. Only one available.

Well after an evening of listening I must say this little dac is really rather good.

I am preferring DSD, but have done on other dacs, just seems a bit more laid back.
I found the MQA stuff to add a layer of glassiness, not really sure how to explain it, sort shimmering in the highs but not in a nice way, ultimately not particularly pleasant. So thats a tenner saved each month lol.

Roon has been well behaved once I stumped up. I notice I cannot have any speaker set up stuff if I want MQA (my listening room seems to favour the right so I adjust usually). I also notice that with DSD turned on the DAC is still fed MQA and roon says that DSD is not in the chain, but again I think I would expect that. Not fussed with the MQA though, really quite unpleasant, perhaps its this dac who knows.

Have you tried Qobuz?

I have indeed, they dont have the catalogue and they way it is presented in roon is very poor for finding new stuff, I’ll stick with tidal.

Hey @Gareth_Irwin - the badges you’re seeing, MQA & TIDAL, actually link to a single album. Those badges are just explaining that the TIDAL version is MQA.

If you have additional versions of Animals in your local library that aren’t showing up here. They may not be identified in Roon. You can group them if you like using the instructions here:

Hi yeah, I think I am getting to grips with it now!

Check out this bad boy, my biggest one yet, no idea why lol

So the DAC wont do both unfolds if I have DSP gain on, so I have the roon doing first unfold, this results in OFS on the dac which I understand is normal.

1 Like

ORFS, which by the way is just displaying the ORFS metadata, not what is actually happening internally.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.