Cannot log in to Roon on Windows (ref#ATARLV)

Affected Product

Roon

Roon Issue Category

Installation or Setup

Description of Issue

We cannot login to the program Roon (Unauthorized: Olease enter your accounts password properly). We can login to portal Roon.app, so password is correct.

Roon Core Platform

Windows

Roon Core Specifications

Computer, I7, 16gb ram, ssd disk

Connected Audio Devices

usb external disks

Home Network Details

Ethernet, normal internet

Screenshot

Roon Core Machine

|Processor|Intel(R) Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz|
|Installed RAM|16,0 GB|
|Device ID|E35D6868-8449-44FF-B206-C662B25CB707|
|Product ID|00331-10000-00001-AA688|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|
|Pen and touch|No pen or touch input is available for this display|

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router: Innbox v60-u, no VPN
link: https://www.iskratel.com/es/files/default/Documents/Data-Sheet/Iskratel-Innbox-V60-U-Datasheet-EN.pdf

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Subject: Login Issues and Concerns

Dear Roon Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with some issues I have been encountering while trying to log in to the Roon application.

My username and password have been verified as correct, and my account is active. I have also attempted to log in using different web browsers to rule out any browser-related issues. Additionally, I have ensured that my system time and date are correctly synchronized.

Despite these efforts, I continue to receive an error message that states, “Unauthorised: please enter your accounts password properly.” I have exhausted the basic troubleshooting steps and am uncertain about the cause of this problem.

One aspect that has been on my mind is the accuracy of my internet’s location information. Could discrepancies in my internet location potentially lead to login issues?

I am reaching out to your technical support team for guidance and assistance in resolving this matter. I value the Roon service and would like to continue using it without interruption. If there are any specific technical checks or actions I should take, please provide guidance.

I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and look forward to your assistance in resolving these login issues.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Branko Bozic
[moderated: email address removed for privacy reasons]

Technical Details:

Device Details

|Processor|Intel(R) Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz|
|Installed RAM|16,0 GB|
|Device ID|E35D6868-8449-44FF-B206-C662B25CB707|
|Product ID|00331-10000-00001-AA688|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|
|Pen and touch|No pen or touch input is available for this display|

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎10/‎08/‎2020
OS build 19045.3448
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19044.1000.0

Probably not. I use a VPN that constantly changes my location.

Tagging @accounts for this problem.

I’m just another user, not Roon support, but a good practice when encountering strange Roon problems is to reboot everything that can be rebooted, including your router.

Hey @brankobozic586,

This is Rebeka with Roon’s accounts & billing team. We chatted about two weeks ago about your account, and, then just as now (and just as you discovered) your Roon account is in good standing.

If I could recommend something that I didn’t back then, is to try and change your computer’s default browser to a different one than the one you’re using now. To log into Roon, a web browser pop-up window shows up — this is the default set for your computer. If you change that, chances are it might work.

I’ll close by saying thank you* for submitting a technical support request as I advised earlier :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.