Cannot Map Synology NAS Drive to Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Optimized Core Kit - Intel NUC running Rock - Version 1.7 (build 511) stable, OS Version 1.0 (build 183) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Apple Airport Extreme Router - Latest Gen 802.11 AC - Rock is hardwired via 1GbE to network, Synology DS418play, also hardwired via Linksys switch 1GbE to network

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Schiit Jotunheim - USB to Lenovo T580 Laptop running Windows 10

Description Of Issue

I am trying to remap my Synology DS418play NAS to Roon after switching my internet service. After the IP address switched on my DS418Play Roon no longer could connect.

I was able to successfully map the Synology network drive to my Lenovo Laptop. Here’s a screenshot my local directory I used to map to and how I am trying to type it into the network share in Roon:

Since its a PC I am using the Windows explorer file format (ie. \Martinique) as my way of connecting it to Roon.

Here’s what my PC looks like with the mapped drive:

I used to have it mapped but I remember having to type it the correct way for Roon to recognize the network drive. If I am able to map the drive to my Windows 10 PC I would think Roon should be able to see it as well.

Any ideas/suggestions on how to get this mapped would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

try using the new IP instead of the host name.

Hi !
Here my syno is named diskoboule, and the good path was \diskoboule.local\Music, so i would try \martinique.local\MARTINIQUE… for your network/nas.

Thanks for the help guys!! I got it mapped using the IP address. All set. I forgot that my Roon Rock core is running Linux. So I had to use SMB to map my Synology.

smb://192.168.1.204/Martinique

I set the IP address on my Synology as static in my separate reserve pool outside of my DHCP addresses and it works perfectly. Once I had it mapped I was able to select the directory folder where my music files reside. The mistake I made was trying to map the entire folder directory. I thought authenticating via the Synology admin vs a regular account might have been causing the issue but, it was trying to map the entire directory that created the error.

Thanks again for all of your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.