Cannot search on Roon remote - Keyboard keeps disappearing

Any progress on this issue? I’ve the same with my Samsung Galaxy S8 with android 7. Version 1.4 did not solve the problem for me.

Same for me with Samsung S8+ with Android 7.0. I don’t, however, have the problem on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 with Android 6.0.1.

I installed a ‘force full screen’ app on android, which led to the exact same problem. Disabling the full screen app immediately brought up the keyboard again. Maybe it’s somehow related to full screen mode on devices, that Roon is not supposed to run in full screen? (aka navbar and homebutton faded out) just thinking…

Same issue on my S9 plus, try to search and keyboard appears for a fraction of a second, but cant use the keyboard. Frustrating.

I have exact same problem with Samsung S 8.

Please let me know when Roon has a solution.

Same here on LG V30+
Android 7.1.2

Tomasz

1 Like

Same for me.

All ---- Thank you very much for the continued feedback here, the insight has been very appreciated!

I raised this report with our tech team yesterday and have opened a ticket in our system to track this behavior. As per my conversation with our techs, in order to properly understand this behavior we will require the following information:

• The make/model of the device having the issue
  • Which Android version the affected device is running.
  • What type of keyboard is being used on the device (i.e stock keyboard, Swiftkey, etc)

Looking forward to your responses!
-Eric

Samsung S8+ (SM-G955U). Android 8.0.0, kernel version 4.4.78. Default keyboard is Samsung keyboard.

1 Like

On the nvidia shield tablet (7.0) I have found that it works fine when it is not in full screen mode, but when you use the full screen setting (hides the notification and navigation rows until you swipe in to show them) the disappearing keyboard starts happening. This suggests it’s not software or keyboard versions but some oddity of screen resolution or similar.

For the people with other phones do they have modes to control aspect ratio for ‘problem apps’ and does it make a difference?

My keyboard was disappearing also, I locked the navigation bar on my galaxy s9 and it solved the problem.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Model SM-N950F
Android 8.0.0
Stock keyboard

John

If I lock the navigation bar keyboard stays available.
Unlock the bar, keyboard only appears briefly.

Same here.

Galaxy S8+, Android 8.0.0, stock keyboard.
Unable to use my phone to control Roon for months and getting to the end of my tether before searching this thread.
Tried locking navigation bar first - fixed, then unlocked again and exited full screen mode in settings - also fixed.
Doesn’t seem to like full screen.

John

Search bar doesnt stay up, I don’t want to have to do your IT work for you Roon, just fix it already, galaxy s9 nothing unusual! Just fix it already, it’s been an issue for 12months ,!

A post was split to a new topic: LG V30 keyboard disappearing