Cannot search on Roon remote - Keyboard keeps disappearing

Installed the app on my wife’s shield tablet and everything works fine, until I click search, where the keyboard pops up, then vanishes a fraction of a second later.

1 Like

P.S. It works fine on my android phone.

What version of Android is that tablet running?

Android 7.0, patch level is April.

I’ve tried rebooting, and different keyboards, with no luck.

Hi @Kevin_Hughes ----- Thank you for verifying that information for us, very appreciated!

Moving forward, I would like to gather some logs from this device so we can have a closer look at what is going on here. I will be contacting you via PM momentarily with instructions.

-Eric

Just found this topic, but already created a new topic

I’m having the exact same issue on Moto G5 Plus (Android 7.0).
I hope it would be fixed quickly.

I’m having an issue with Moto G5 Plus, Android 7.0.
I can’t type anything when want to search, creating a tag or playlist. When I tap search, the keyboard pops up momentarily and disappears immediately.

Do you recognize this issue on Android 7.0 or any other OS, or could be with specific models such as mine, Moto G5 Plus?

Reinstalled Roon Remote but didn’t help.

Android 5.1 works fine on my old phone.

Hi @stac ---- Thank you for the report and sharing this observation you have made with us. I went ahead and moved your post over to this thread as it appears tat you are experiencing the same behavior.

Moving forward, we are currently taking a look into this behavior and once I have some feedback, I will be sure to update this thread asap.

-Eric

Same Issue here. Running remote 1.3 on a Galaxy S8, with android 7.0. Something’s supressing the keyboard popup.

Hey guys. +1 Same issue here. GalaxyS8+ Android 7.0

Thanks!

Greg

same here on Samsung galaxy s8, Rock on inteli7nuc newest soft.

Same behavior here on my son’s Moto G5 Plus.

Same problem here. Samsung Note 8. The issue makes Roon on Android almost unusable. Have reinstalled twice but the issue persists.

1 Like

Is there any word on when this might get fixed? I’m buying a new phone soon, bit worried it might not work with Roon.

I just found that the keyboard disappearing symptom is no longer happening on my Moto G5 Plus.
I don’t know if it’s related but recently I’ve applied an Android security patch August version.
Or, I doubt but did Roon do something for the fix?

Anyway, Roon app works fine on my phone now.

Same problem for me, the keyboard pops up for a split second, then dissappear. Nvidia Shield K1, Android 7.0

Hi Eric, any progress on this issue? Ongoing problem cited by several users. Keyboard pops up then vanishes when trying to search. I am on an S8 with Android 7.0.

All other functions for the Roon app on my Samsung work fine but when I try to search for an artist, the keyboard appears for a second only before it goes away so I can’t type anything.

This now seems to have been fixed in 1.4.

Search issue on Roon remote running on Samsung Galaxy S8: while entering search criteria in Tidal keyboard pops up for a moment and dissapears making Search impossible.
Roon server is running on Mac Mini. In the separate Tidal app search is working just fine.