Cannot see hard drive folder on ROCK, albums keep disappearing

Roon Core Machine

Roon ROCK with intel i7 NUC, 8GB RAM, 250gb M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB hard drive

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ubiquiti UniFi Dream Machine Pro
ROCK is hard-wired to Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

ROCK connected via USB to Mytek Brooklyn Bridge

Number of Tracks in Library

About 50 albums

Description of Issue

I recently set up a ROCK according to the directions on the Roon website. Everything went smoothly, with the exception of the fact that I don’t have a folder within my “Storage” folder for my hard drive. During the initial install, Roon saw my other hard drive as an option to install on (I picked my M.2 drive) so I know it’s seeing the hard drive. But, when I go to the Storage folder I have no folder inside for my hard drive as it is described on the install instructions. I tried dropping my albums straight into the Storage folder, but twice now my albums have disappeared. How can I fix it? Thanks

Hello @David_McNeely and welcome to the forum.

Does the additional internal drive show-up on the web administration page of your ROCK? Did you format the drive there?

That is pointless as there is no storage space connected to this folder.

1 Like

Somehow I had skipped the stop of formatting the hard drive. I did that and now I have a working folder. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.