Cannot setup Roon to read Melco drives

Hello,

I am quite new to Roon application while recently have acquired a Melco unit.
Can someone please provide me with the correct path in order to be able to setup Roon to read my files from the internal Drives of Meco?

Thanking you in advance

I would ask Melco as you would use the same access method as you would for copying files to it from a pc. You need the shared SMB address to access its media library and any username or password that it requires. You can then enter it as you show in your screen grab or by \\ipaddress\pathtofiles

Make sure SMB sharing is active on the Melco as it can be disabled. Not sure of its default state.

Thank you CrystalGipsy,

I have checked the SMB Sharing on Melco and is activated

The you need to find the exact path, the share is and the username and password to it then. Try it on a pc first then try one of the two ways Roon shows you in that window. smb:// or \\

Assuming your Roon Server is installed on a Synology NAS with up-to-date firmware: What you try to do here is not going to work with DSM 7 or newer anymore. You need to connect to the share from DSM. See also:

Make sure you add appropriate rights to the folder on DSM so Roon is able to access it. See also: