Cannot switch from Albums to Internet Radio [Bug Reproduced]

Roon Control on Windows 8.1, Roon Server and RoonReady on Antipodes. I am playing an album from my music library. If I switch to Internet Radio and try to play a station the album keeps playing. If I alter the Internet Radio ‘Sorted by …’ setting from what it currently is to the alternate setting the Internet Radio function starts to work normally and after that I am freely able to switch between Albums and Internet Radio.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Why are Antipodes not a Roon partner?

Roon Support- any comment or suggestions? I am aware that the same problem happens when Roon Control is on iPad.

Unable to replicate on Roon Server with an iPad Control to a Roon Ready microRendu. @Support may be able to investigate further with an Antipodes after the weekend. Have you tried restarting or re-installing Roon Server ?

I also observe this issue using an iPad control point with a Synology DS1515+ as the roon server. Sometimes when trying to play an Internet radio stream, simply nothing happens. Restarting the roon remote app on the iPad usually fixes this. I have never seen this problem when running roon remote on a MacBook Pro (still with Synology running roon server).

This behavior is not specifically reproducible in a way I have found, but happens maybe 10-20% of the times I attempt to start an internat radio stream from the iPad. I don’t think the problem is dependent on the endpoint as I have seen it with both RPi/HiFiBerry and PS Audio Bridge II.

Did this ever get resolved? I see this frequently as well. Roon core running on dedicated machine, remote from either Macbook or IOS.

I have experienced this intermittently with an iPad Mini 3 remote, but not in Windows. If I restart the iPad I get a blue screen flash before it resets which I think means the iPad is in a bad state.

Let’s flag @support and see if there’s any news.

Hey guys, we’ve reproduced this issue. Thanks for the reports and sorry for the delay here.

A ticket is being opened in our bug tracker, and we’ll aim to get a fix in place before the next release.

Appreciate your patience everyone!

3 Likes

Saw this tonight. Playing some songs, went to play Internet Radio, no channels listed. Closed app on iPad, reopened, all stations were there. iPad Air as remote.