Cannot Sync Endpoints [Resolved - Can only group devices of the same type]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

sonicTransporter with Roon

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Apple Airport Extreme hardwired to sonicTransporter

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Roon, sonicTransporter, ultraRendu, Squeezebox Touch, Squeezebox radio

Description Of Issue

I can’t seem to sync the units. When I open the tab that displays the different zones and clic on the sync button nothing happens. All end point work fine independently.

Are you referring to the group zone option?

Yes I am referring to the group zone.

When you have a zone selected and then click on group zones, zones that can be grouped with the selected zone will be shown. If nothing is in the group zone list then none are compatible for grouping.

When I clic on Group Zones nothing happens.

I figured it out. The Squeezebox devices can be linked together but not the ultraRendu.

I believe that indicates the Squeezebox zone/devices are not compatible with the ultrarendu for grouping. If you have one of the Squeezebox zones selected and then select Group Zones does the other Squeezebox show in the group list?

Ok, I see that you have ti figured out.

Hi @Thomas_Mauceri,

As noted in our Knowledge Base, only devices of the same type can be grouped together, so Squeezebox devices can only be grouped with other Squeezebox devices.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.