iMac, 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, 32 GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

WiFi, Google Mesh

Connected Audio Devices

HiFi Rose RS250 to Denafrips Terminator via coaxial

Number of Tracks in Library

None, just streaming Qobuz

Description of Issue

I cannot turn off DSP. In my older Windows core setup, I had a pure signal (all purple), but now it is telling me I have a custom Parametric EQ and I cannot turn it off. I went into the DSP setup and do not see a control to turn of DSP all together. When I first went in, there was no Parameter EQ filter. I added one just so that I could disable it, but still not help. Attached are the screenshots. Am I missing something?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. This seems to be an issue occurring with Rose devices, see here:

1 Like

It is not Roons DSP you see so nothing in Roon will alter this it’s the Rose reporting to Roon it has DSP in its signal path after RAAT which is where a Roons part ends. It does seem to be a bug either from Hifi Roses side or Roons reporting side. NAD have a similar issue with all their Roon Ready Amps showing as enhanced where previously they where lossless.

1 Like

What do you see in the signal path given from Rose itself?
By the way: I let convert all my sources to DSD256 and don’t see here any DSP from Rose in the signal path.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I am new here and apparently not very good at searching :slight_smile:

Yes, seems like a lot of people have a similar issue, but one that I did not have in the past. I have been listening to a lot of vinyl lately, so not sure which upgrade caused this, but I have had upgrades to both Roon and Rose, so it could be either one of them or the way they are playing together. The sound is still very good, I just would prefer to see that it is lossless :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. The link that Suedkiez shared was very helpful and it looks I am not alone with this issue.

Thank you. The link that Suedkiez shared was very helpful and it looks I am not alone with this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.