Can't access Roon core on ROCK any longer

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK/Intel NUC 7th gen/Roon build number 528

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ROCK/NUC on Ethernet, audio devices on Wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound, Ropieee on Pi 3, Sonos

Description Of Issue

Can’t access Roon core. First it wouldn’t find any tracks or audio devices so I restored my backup. Then it found tracks but not audio devices. Suddenly it shut down. After reboot I can’t access it. It is found on the network but it is in “Initializing …”-mode, see screenshot:

Thankful for support
Mårten

Hi,

Update. Now it has installed build 536. I can access Roon now but not my Library or any Audio devices. It’s completely blank.

//Mårten

Hi, @Marten_Leijon, sorry to hear about your troubles. May I kindly ask you to follow the procedure described here and share logs of your RoonServer on ROCK, please? If that’s possible for you, could you, please, do this via GDrive sharing link or Dropbox, if not we can provide a different procedure.

Thanks for your patience!

Ivan

Hi,

please find link to my logs below:

Kind regards

Mårten

Hi @Marten_Leijon,

We released a new update today that should take care of this issue for you. Can you try restarting ROCK from the Web UI and verify that it updates and then let us know if that helps?

Thanks!

Full release notes:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-1-7-build-537-is-live/103422/3

Hi, thanks it seems to be working now!

/Mårten

Hi again, maybe I answered to fast. Tidal is stalling. I can’t access Tidal and it seems stuck in refreshing the library.

No logs has been created since yesterday, so I don’t add any link to my logs right now. I have rebooted, even logged out of Tidal service. But it didn’t help. This stalling is blocking about half of my library.

Hi @Marten_Leijon,

Are you still seeing the “Adding Music To Library” message seen above?

Can you send over a new set of logs so we can take a look?

Thanks!

Hi, yes I do, nothing has changed. Please find my latest logs attached:

Thank you!

Thanks, @Marten_Leijon — I’ve passed to the team and will follow up as soon as I have feedback!

Hi, any feedback yet?

Hi, for your information. I eventually solved the issue myself by deleting the database and restoring an older backup from before the error happened.

Hi @Marten_Leijon,

Apologies for the delayed response here. I received feedback from the team about their investigation into your logs and, unfortunately, there were signs of corruption in your database.

This type of error is extremely rare for us and not one that we see often. Our database infrastructure is designed specifically to prevent this type of corruption, and we don’t take this class of issue lightly.

It looks like this wasn’t the first time this happened to you — It’s very rare that we something like this occur twice. When you started with a fresh database last time did you restore a backup? If so, have you restored a backup this time as well?

This time I restored a backup which was created before the issue occurred. I first restored the latest backup but then the issue remained. Before this issue a while back I had another database crash where I no longer could access the database. Eventually I deleted my database and started from scratch that time.

Thanks for the clarification, @Marten_Leijon.

In cases like this, where there are multiple instances of corruption with completely separate databases, we’ve often found that there is a hardware issue at fault. I’d recommend doing some checks on the RAM and SSD where Roon is installed.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.