Can't Connect iPhone to Mac Core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac rEtina 5K with MacOS catalina, Roon build 1.7 build 537

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Google wifi mesh. Everything is connected through this. The google wifi connects to a cable modem. There are three nodes total.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

bluesound node and bluesound portable unit, connected via wifi.

Roon installed properly and indexed my music well on the Mac. It says the iMac is the core. I have it configured as instructed, and checked to make sure it was set to accept remote connections. It does connect to the bluesound devices and play music over them. But when I started up the roon remote app on my iphone x, it can’t find the core. Have tried the suggested tips (restarting, etc).

Add images

Hmmm, just tried it a few hours later and it worked. Maybe it just needed to rest for a bit : )

It’s possible it was the “Airserver” software I had running on my Mac. Just tried running it again and Roon would not connect, and the Airserver did not work correctly. Perhaps some interference that I will never solve.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.