Can't connect to Core, even when pressing Need Help

Hi Dylan:

I got same issue here and even click Need Help and enter correct Roon Core mac IP address but it still didn’t work…

Just curious Is there anyone here have solved this problem already?

Dave

Hi @Dave_Lu ,

Thanks for reaching out! Can you please complete the below form, so that we can better assist you? Thanks!

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

1 Like

Dear Support:

Here I try to summary my system setting as below:

Roon Core Machine

Model: MAC Mini (late 2012)
CPU:2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
RAM:16GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Asus RT-AC66U_B1 WiFi AP router and MAC mini and this WiFi AP all connected by Ethernet in same LAN area not using WiFi.

Connected Audio Devices

OPPO Sonic DAC using USB cable to connect MAC Mini

Number of Tracks in Library

Total 12489 Tracks

Description of Issue

Using iPad Mini 3 Roon remote APP connect to MAC mini Roon Core but stay in “Choose your Roon Core” this page like below and can’t connect anyway. But if I use MAC mini as Roon Remote software it can still played music correct so not sure what went wrong there.

Please help to figure out what is the problem here.

Cheers

Dave

Hey @Dave_Lu,

Please start by rebooting your router and network.

If you have any other active firewalls or antivirus applications on your core (such as McAfee, Bullguard, Little Snitch, ect.) it would be a good test to temporarily disable them and see if there is a change in behavior. If it does, then you know you will need to add an exception to the firewall for proper Roon communication.

Please make sure that I would take a look to make sure that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your firewall settings as well :+1:

Please let me know if that helps!

Hi Ben:

I try several times of rebooting my router and my network but the problem is still there…

Any other possibility of MAC side’s setting or OS level issue?

Best Regards

Dave

Hi @Dave_Lu ,

Did you allow the Roon app to access your local network? You would need to configure this, if you haven’t yet:

1 Like

Hi Roon Support team: My iPad got an automatic upgraded OS then looks problem solved… The Local Network is default on so not sure where the problem is but it is working now…

Cheers
Dave

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.