Can't connect to Linn Majik

Hi.
I am having the same problem since ROON ROCK on my NUC was updated a few days ago. Current version of Roon is 1.5 build 313 stable (64 bit). Roon will no longer connect to my Linn Majik - it finds Linn, tries to connect but cannot. My Apple Play will connect to the Linn from the same device I am using to connect with Roon. Also tried to connect to Linn via Roon from my iPad - same problem. Also made sure Apple Play was not running when attempted connection, same thing. Roon still plays through my Apple TV and through my Marantz. Roon does play to my iMac.

Very disappointed.

Please advise.

Marcel

Hi @Marcel_Mercier,

So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Just to verify, do you mean build 363? Can you confirm that the firmware for the Linn is fully up to date too?

Since you’ve noticed this behavior have you tried rebooting your Core machine and the Linn?

Hello Dylan,

Yes I meant build 313.

As a result of your email, I rebooted the Roon core on the NUC and the Linn player. Started up the NUC then the Linn. the connection worked (Roon played to Linn) for 10-20 secs then stopped. I then changed the ethernet cable from the NUC to my Netgear Nighthawk router and the connection lasted about a minute. So I then changed the ethernet cable between the Linn and the wall outlet connecting by ethernet to the Netgear router. I restarted everything again and this time the connection made between Roon and Linn lasted for a minute, stuttered re-connected and it seems to be working fine now with a strong, clear lossless signal through to the Linn endpoint.

My conclusion is the cable from the core on the NUC to the router was likely the problem. Although I changed the ethernet cable from wall outlet to Linn, I don’t think that was problem because Apple Music to Linn through the same cable was working fine. I much prefer Roon to Apple Music for audio quality, ease of use and the rich data set available describing the music.

Thank you for reminding me to reboot the core machine together with the Linn machine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.