Mac Mini Late 2014 on macOS 12.6.1 Monterey

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Unifi Network

Connected Audio Devices

Logitech Transporter via WLAN

Number of Tracks in Library

approx. 3,000 tracks

Description of Issue

After I upgraded Roon on my iPhone, I was forced to upgrade Roon Core from 1.8 to 2.0 on my Mac Mini which runs the core.
My Mac Mini did not support the minimum macOS version for Roon 2.0 so I replaced the Mac as well.
After migrating the old Mac to the new one, Roon 2.0 starts up and I was able to add Qobuz as a service but Roon does not connect to my Logitech Transporter anymore. It simply spins while searching for my Squeezebox device.

I went through the troubleshooting recommendations I found, i.e. LMS is off, power-cycled and reconnected the Logitech Transporter, checked firewall settings etc. but nothing seems to work.

What is also strange is that I don’t see any music even though I added Qobuz as a service.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks
GS

Hey @Guenther_Schober,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

After taking a look at your account, it looks like your transporter is being properly seen and connected to your core. Can you confirm this?

Certainly let me know if this is not the case, and if you need additional help :pray:

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply, @Benjamin!

Nope, the issue is not resolved.

The reason why you see the Transporter back online is because I installed Roon legacy on my iPhone and went back using the old Mac Mini with 1.8 that I still had.

I will max out the time Roon allows me to stay on 1.8/Legacy before I give 2.0 another try.
To be honest, that forced upgrade has been extremely frustrating to the point where I looked for alternatives.
Not only the issue above but just as an example: since I was never able to select an audio endpoint, Roon apparently did not store the credentials for Qobuz that I entered during setup, i.e. every single time I tried to tweak something to make the Transporter work, I had to start over with the Qobuz service selection.

Cheers
Guenther

1 Like

Very interesting @Guenther_Schober, thank you for letting me know. I will take this information back to the team :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.