Can't connect to ROCK from Roon Remote

Hi,
are there any developments in this case? because it seems at the moment that I have the same problem too. But still verifying.
Started with Roon on my Nas - works ok to good, also with VPN Connect (know its not supported)
Moved Roon to a NUC8I5BE and now it looks like, thats I can not access the ROCK from my Phone while in the WIFI - so I hope there is a solution already found…
thanks
Claus

Hi @Claus_Watzdorf,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Is ROCK connected directly to your router or is it passing through a switch, range extender, powerline adapter, etc.?

Hi Noris,
yesterday, It worked - I am not sure why but it worked. The only thing, The extensions will not displayed in settings. maybe I have problems with my network an casting?
My Networktopology:
Router: Synology RT1900ac
NAS: Synology DS-216 + II
Roon Core: NUC8I5BEH (256GB SSD / 32GB RAM)
Extension installed on NAS with Docker (IP Range 172.17.0x)

Core is connected directly to Router. (Static IP from DHCP)
NAS is connected directly to Router

Settings of my router (IGMP) see the enclosed Screenshot.Screenshot 2021-01-21 071617

When I start with Roon, I have installed the core at my NAS - that worked very well with the extensions (and VPN). On monday I had the opportunity to get the NUC very cheap. I setup the NUC and made a recovery from my Backup. First it worked normaly, but on the next day I wasn`t able to discover the core. After restarting the core it worked ( also VPN) till I closed the App.

Yesterday I reinstall the core and deleted the database. Did not recover my backup and made a new setup. At the Moment I can discover the core (not with VPN) but I can not discover the Extensions (Deep Harmony, etc. ) Maybe you can help me, thank you very much

best wishes
Claus

Hi Noris (again)

I found a solution - it works - only VPN is not working from my cellphone, from my Win 10 PC it works also with vpn … tricky - I know you are not supporting, but would be great if there will be a solution :slight_smile:
best regards
Claus

1 Like

Hello @Claus_Watzdorf,

Thanks for letting us know that the issue has been resolved! Yes, if you have a VPN active, this can cause issues with Roon.

Some VPNs provide a feature called “Split Tunneling” which allows certain apps to be excluded from the VPN, I would check to see if your VPN has a similar option.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.