Can't connect to ROCK from Windows PC or Android

@support
Hi,
ROCK OS runs since 07:05 AM (GMT) RoonServer permanently restart since this time.
Now at 4:15:00 PM I reboot ROCK.
Best regards

Hi @support,
strangely enough, (just) 5 minutes later Roonserver is running stable and I can connect to the Core.
I hope it stays that way.

Hi @Jurgen_Konig,

Thanks for the update. We are still investigating this issue internally, please let us know if you experience this behavior again.

Hello @Jurgen_Konig,

We’ve recently released RoonOS (Build 186) which includes changes that should improve this behavior. Please give it this a try and let us know how it goes!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team at Roon Labs

Hello @Noris,
my problem is the Roon Server.
After restarting RoonOS (my ROCK-NUC) it only runs for 10-20 seconds and then restarts again and again. That’s why I keep my Rock-NUC running all the time.
RoonOS runs stable immediately after a restart.
I just installed Build 186: my Roon Server problem is not fixed.
Best regards
Jurgen_Konig

Hi @Jurgen_Konig,

To clarify, the issue with RoonServer was caused by a RoonOS issue — So the RoonOS release should address the RoonServer restarting issue you were experiencing.

After updating RoonOS you’re still seeing the same issue after every reboot?

Hi @Dylan Caudill,
at least I can say that the error is probably not with my Roon Remotes (Win 10 PC and Android tablet) or the network connection.
I see in the web interface that the OS is running stable but the server is constantly restarting. None of the remotes are running at this time.
When I start a remote, the core will of course be not found …
I want to try a complete reinstallation of the Rock including the formatting of the music storage in the near future.

Hi @Jurgen_Konig,

Thanks for the details. Can you use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link?

Hi @dylan,
here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkv6k5ugpxxsj0e/juergen.koenig%40gmail.com.zip?dl=0.

Some additional information.
The problem can be solved temporarily by resetting the database and settings via the web interface. After that the remote connect to the core, I can log in and configure everything or restore a backup of my settings. Everything runs stable until I reboot the Rock NUC …
That’s how I did it today, finally rebooting the Rock. The log-files show the time after this last reboot, i.e. the following server loop.

Hi @dylan,
as mentioned in my mail yesterday, I reset my database and settings yesterday. Then I was able to connect to the core and Roon server ran stable.
Maybe the log files from this phase are helpful.

Thanks for the logs, @Jurgen_Konig! I’ll get these to the team and will follow up with you soon.

Hi @Jurgen_Konig,

Have things continued to run okay on the fresh database?

Have you re-imported all of your media?

Hi @dylan,
before rebooting the Rock the last time, I have made a backup of my database and restored it afterwards.
So there is no fresh database. I also did not delete my media from the internal storage.
I have tried with a clean database several times before. There is no difference between restoring my old database or starting with a fresh database after resetting the database. It run stable after the reset with both variants until the next reboot (of Rock).

Thanks, @Jurgen_Konig.

Is the device in this state currently? I’d like to enable diagnostics so the team can take a look at what is occurring while the device is actively in this state.

Hi @dylan,
currently Roon Server is running stable.

Hi @dylan,
I just installed the updates and then restarted my NUC. Nothing has changed:
OS has been running steadily for 25 minutes, Roon Server is permanently restarting.
I won’t do anything in the next 16-20 hours and let my system run in this state.
Maybe you can enable diagnostics.

Hi @Jurgen_Konig,

Just wanted to let you know the team is still looking into this — I’ll be sure to update you ASAP when I have further feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.