Can't edit Track Titles

I just ripped a 10 CD set of Beethoven Piano Sonatas (“The Complete Piano Sonatas on Period Instruments” - Claves CD 50-9707/10). Roon found information on the set, but that information is incorrect for Sonata No. 9 and has formatting issues for Sonata Nos. 12 and 30. I tried to edit the Track Titles to correct these problems via the Track Editor, saved the edits, it looks like everything should be correct.

Yet when I exit the edit process, my edits don’t display, the incorrect information still remains. When I return to the Track Editor, my edited Track Title is still there and the edited title is selected with the blue dot, yet Roon seems to ignore my efforts.

Any ideas on what else I should try? Thanks.

Have you tried to get out of that CD in Roon? Sometimes, I have made edits, and what displays does not update on saving. But, if I get out of that CD / performance, and then return to it, it, at that point, displays the edited information.

What usually gets displayed for classical works are the WORK and PART tags. So you can report the bad metadata and await its correction and/or add correct metadata tags to your files and tell Roon to use them (Album Editor > Edit Album; scroll to the bottom). Read also:

File Tag Best Practice - Tagging Multi-Part Works

2 Likes

Hi @Eric_Netteberg

BlackJack is correct — If these tracks are works of a classical composition, you’ll need to add WORK and PART tags instead of editing track names, since track names aren’t what is used here.