Can't Figure Out Lost Albums

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac OSX Mojave
Roon 1.6 Build 416

Description Of Issue

Lost albums. For one artist there are ~4 albums that i can’t see in Roon. They are in the library folder next to the 2 albums form this artist that i can see as normal. The lost one’s aren’t visible if i turn on “show hidden files”. I tried removing all album folders of this artist from the watched folder. I then moved them all back and only the originally visible ones are visible again. The other ones are not visible still.

Any thoughts?

Hi @Hugo_Sharp,

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

Thanks but they are not in the skipped register.

The files are supported and i’m pretty sure they were all imported ok at one point. More info below.

Dragging the folder of one of the alums into the Roon icon in the dock on Mac, and then importing it that way to the “Roon Imports/Main/imported at …” folder within the library, that works. If i then drag that back to the root library folder next to the other albums from this artist, it is lost again. I did see the album appear briefly but it went disappeared once straight away.

Also the albums are not anywhere else in Roon either. I can’t see them when checking by filepath like this https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:How_can_I_find_tracks_by_path%3F

One thing is that the folder names may be too long? When i imported that one folder the folder name got cut off by a few letters. BUT the path when i imported the folder would have been much longer AND there is a folder/album that had a longer name that is working just fine. See screenshot (red is lost, green are good).

Can you try the following:

1. Terminate Roon
  2. Rename ‘Something for Kate -The Official fiction (2014 20th Anniversary Deluxe Reissue)’ to ‘Something for Kate - The Official fiction’
  3. Launch Roon and see if it gets imported

Thanks but that didn’t work.

The storage drive is at 3.67tb out of 4tb available. Spinning disk type. This have something to do with it?

I wonder if this has something to do with them (mostly) being two disc sets?
The album you have highlighted has two “1” songs, two “2” songs, etc. Perhaps the metadata are expecting to see 1-1, 2-1, 1-2, 2-2, or something like that. Do you have MP3Tag or another way to view those metadata?
I just saw a post where an album was hidden because “Artist” was listed but “Album Artist” was blank. When Album Artist was filled in with Various the album was recognized.

1 Like

Yes that did the trick! Renaming the files as 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, etc.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.