Ubuntu 22.04

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Homenetwork

Connected Audio Devices

Yamaha RX V4A

Number of Tracks in Library

Tidal and 10 testtracks

Description of Issue

Tidal instantly found my Yamaha RX V4A which was on Standby.
For the Setup everything is in the same network without any firewalls etc.

But after Installing roon on WIndows it cant find the windows Audio devices (GPU has HDMI connected (example for Monitor audio) as well as an USB SMSL500 DAC on the LinuxBridge and a generic audio device on Windows . And i also installed a bridge on an Archlinux in the same network just to test.

I also installed a windows bridge alongside the roon app out of despair without any luck.

How can i add roon bridges?

//EDIT1: interestingly enough the Windows roon bridge is listed in the aboutsection …

Hey @DS_DV,

Following up on this thread, are you still running into issues with audio devices not being seen by Roon?

If possible, can you snap a picture of your Roon settings>Audio?

Is this the same windows device as your core?

How are you connecting your endpoints to your core device?

I’ll be on standby for your reply :+1:

i lately got roon to at least see the devices when i use Linux.
my core is a VM running Ubuntu. But it is headless.

my “client” now also runs Linux and a Windows VM. The generic devices on the Windows VM are not shown.

If i use Linux (Manjaro) and run Roon in Bottles i can now see the devices but when i click play nothing happens (when starting a playlist it cycles through all tracks in a matter of seconds - but not even a single sound).

Tomorrow i can make you screenshots

Thanks for the update @DS_DV,

Does the native Ubuntu or native Windows app experience the same behavior?

Unfortunately, our scope of support does not include running Roon on VMs. With that, this thread may fall into the #tinkering category in which you may find additional help from others in the community.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.