Can't get remote to connect

Kubuntu, roon build 1.7 core

Router Trendnet tew-733GR/A

Desktop computer with core above is connected by ethernet cable

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

connected by USB to Denafrips Ares II Dac

Description Of Issue

Trying to connect a remote, but it won’t find the core. The new remote is an android phone, android 10, Moto G Power, trying to connect by wifi. I’ve verified by ip and subnet both devices are on the same network. I’ve tried rebooting both devices.

Gu @Scott_Nesvold,

Do you have any other remote devices? Are they able to connect okay?

I don’t have any other remote devices.

Hi @Scott_Nesvold,

If you try to temporarily disable the firewall on the Core, are you able to connect?

On the Android remote, if you click on the “Help” button and manually input the Core IP, does it connect?

No, and No to your questions above. I installed roon server on another computer on my network, and the android sees it and connects fine. When I first boot up the computer with the server I can’t connect to, I see it on the android, and the android tries to connect a few times, but says the connection failed.

Scott

Oops, I thought I had the firewalls off before, but found that it was on, and that was the problem. Thanks, got it working!

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know that the firewall was the cause of the issue here, @Scott_Nesvold.
If you ever need any further assistance with Roon, just let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.