Can't identify album - also must Quit and Restart to add tracks or album

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Build 1.7 (build 571 stable)
iMac 27 Late 2013 i7
Memory 32 GB
High Sierra 10.13.6

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Was working fine with real time track recognition when adding files. But now, I have the following two issues:

1. When adding new album or additional tracks, album or tracks don’t appear without performing Quit Roon and Restart. Without quit and restart, nothing shows up in library additions.

2. Identifying albums has now seemingly stopped working, and it will just endlessly search to identify an album. Have tried with various albums that I believe should be recognized (Mari Kodama Beethoven Pentatone series).

Hi @Richard_Levy,

Where are you adding the files? Are they on a locally connected HDD or a NAS?
Can you please provide a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Storage tab?

The music files used are only being added to a local SSD Drive (G2 Drive with 2TB of music). I simply drag the news files onto that G2 drive. It does not automatically add the music unless I shut down Roon and then restart Roon, and then the added tracks or album is added to Roon. I have not moved the drive or changed drives and it was working for a time just perfectly. I am not aware of any event of my making that would have caused it to stop actively monitoring and adding music.

Note that I used to have a smaller SSD drive (500GB)which I called the G drive that I disabled a year ago, and I believe that explains the bottom entry at the bottom of the Settings Storage page that says G drive is not available. The G2 drive is active and is connected by USB. I can see it scanning when something new is added, and I can see new files being added, but still there is nothing that is actually added to the library unless I close and restart Roon.

If I have not included the correct screen shot, please advise.

Hi @Richard_Levy,

Thanks for sending that screenshot over, yes, it is the correct one.

Please, let’s try a test here: can you try enabling a folder on your local HDD, add it as a watched storage location and add a few files to it?

Does this issue only occur with content on the G2 drive? If it occurs on both the local HDD and the G2 that would be a good data point to have.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.