Can't log in to Tidal...connection error but connection is fine

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mojave 10.14.4/1.6 Build 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Wi Fi/ Apple Extreme

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bose Wireless Speaker

Description Of Issue

All of a sudden Tidal does not show up as an option. When I tried to log in I get an error message indicating a network error. Yet I a listening to Tidal on same network and devices right now.

Hi @Ricky_McGrath,

Since experiencing this issue have you tried rebooting your Core machine? We’ve found that this will often resolve this type of issue.

Thanks!
Dylan

1 Like

I have restarted both Roon and the computer it is on to no avail

Thanks for confirming, @Ricky_McGrath.

Can you give some details on your Core machine?

If you connect your Core via Ethernet instead of WiFi is there any change in behavior here?

I am house sitting for people so don’t know if they have Ethernet cables

And now that I think about it my Mac does not have Ethernet connectivity. It is a Mac Book Pro

Hi @Ricky_McGrath,

Thanks for the info. Let’s give clearing your TIDAL cache a try:

• Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to /Library/Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

I cannot find the filepath you are describing

Found it and seeing if your direction works

Nope. Still no Tidal

Rebooted core and that didn’t work either

Also when I reboot Roon a screen suggesting I connect to services like Tidal appears for a split second before my Overview screen appears

Hi @Ricky_McGrath,

Thanks for the info. Next, let’s try the following:

• Close Roon, find your Roon database and delete the tidal_account file (Database > Registry > Core > tidal_account). Once you do this try to login again.

That did not work either…still getting same error message

FWIW, I can play local files and internet radio without issue, but Tidal has not worked for me all day today. No errors, Services, Tidal sync is current, click play on any Tidal track/album and it tries to retrieve but never does and nothing plays.

Tidal could be having issues. I’m on the West Coast of California.

Hi @Ricky_McGrath,

Do you have another machine you can temporarily use as your Roon Core? If you use a different Core on the same network does the same behavior occur?

If you temporarily disable any firewall and antivirus is there any change in behavior?

Dylan I do not have another computer that I can use as a core. I have disabled firewall and antivirus software and still no connectivity with Tidal

Hi @Ricky_McGrath,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

10:04:32 Central Time

Dylan just noticed another interesting thing. There are a number of albums that I imported from Tidal that I can access. I have checked and they play. August 9, 2018 is the last added date Roon is accessing. Also the source identifier on these say CD instead of the Tidal logo. Don’t know if that helps.