Can't log into Roon [Solved - Bullguard AV]

I turned off the firewall in Bullguard. And now it seems to work again. That has not been a problem before though. I have always had Bullgurd on since I bought this computer. And Roon was on the safe programs list (or whatever it i s called).

Bullguard is telling me that it is critical that I turn it on again…

Tried to turn Bullguard on again (the firewall) but then it simply will not work. So Bullguard is the problem here. So if I can get it to work like before, with Bullguard still being on, that would be absolutely the best! :slight_smile:

Hello @mathias1973,

I’m glad to hear that you’ve been able to pinpoint the source of the issue to the firewall in Bullguard. The next step here would be to make sure that Roon is properly included as an exception in Bullguard as this seems to be causing the issues here.

I have found these instructions from Bullguard for properly adding exceptions. I would make sure that both Roon and RAATServer are added as exceptions to Bullguard. I have also found these Low Level Rules for Bullguard, while I am not sure which of these settings will be needed, you would want to enable “multicast” traffic to properly be allowed for the discovery of your Audio devices.

I hope my suggestions at least give you a direction to start searching in, but as a last case resort, using another AV software may be advisable as to have Roon communicate properly through the network.

Thanks,
Noris

Thank you, will check it out!

One more question: I am thinking about bying a used Stax setup. The Dac in the package is rather old, but seems to have fine quality: https://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/metrum_octave_e.html .

Would there be any problem getting this to work with Roon? The Dac will be connected to my PC with this kind of cable:https://www.hifiexperience.se/produkter/kablar/ovrigakablar/coaxial-kabel/m2tech-hiface-two?att=VXNiLUNvYXhpYWw=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh-Sissz73QIVFKqaCh10lgOeEAYYASABEgJabPD_BwE

Hello @mathias1973,

I do not foresee any issues getting the USB to Coax adapter and the Stax working within Roon.

You may need to download the manufacturer’s drivers for the adapter but once it is working as a Windows Audio output then outputting to the Stax should work just fine through Roon.

Thanks,
Noris

Just an update: Bullguard has made some updates in their software so the problem seems to be sorted out from their end. I can now open Roonlabs without any problems even if I have the firewall activated. So - in short ´saulgoodman!

regards
mathias

Hello @mathias1973,

Thanks for updating me regarding Bullguard, happy to hear that they have sorted the issue out!

Since everything seems to be up and running, I’m going to go ahead and mark this case as solved. Thanks again for contacting support and I wish you a pleasant listening experience! :headphones:

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.