Can't log into Tidal

For some reason, since the last upgrade, I can’t log into Tidal. I get this message. Obviously I’m accessing my NUC core (Ubuntu) on the network so it’s not a lack of network connection. I can also log into the Tidal app on my MacBook with no problems.
I’ve restarted the NUC core several times and deleted the tidal account details in library on my MacBook.

58%20pm

I had the same issue, and was able to resolve it by changing my DNS server (on the PC hosting my Roon core) from my ISP’s default to Google’s servers. I don’t know why this should be necessary after the update (it was not previously necessary), but it did resolve the issue.

Thanks Stuart. Any idea how do I do that? I’m on Ubuntu.

Sorry, I don’t have experience with Ubuntu, but I did find this:

Thanks Stuart. Yes I found and tried that but unfortunately couldn’t get it to work.
Hopefully someone else has a simple fix.

Sorry, I have no other suggestions. I hope someone else can be more helpful.

Try and reboot your Roon Core, then see if you can log in again.

Cheers, Greg

Yes I did that at least 5 times. No luck.

Hi Andrew,

Sorry that rebooting didn’t solve the issue. I’ll tag @support to help out.

Cheers, Greg

Hi @a.dent,

Can you confirm if the same login works via a web browser on the same machine on Qobuz’s web player (play.qobuz.com)? If you are able to login properly, I would next try clearing your Roon cache:

• Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

I have no idea what I did to make it work or even if it was actually anything I did.

Tidal now works after a prolonged shutdown of the NUC Roon server.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in to help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.