Can't login to Roon Remote

Roon Core Machine

Synology DS220+ with 10GB RAM, connected with ethernet to router.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP Link Archer C3150(EU)2.0

Connected Audio Devices

Not yet connected. I want to setup my Squeezebox Touch, but then I have te be able to use Roon Remote first…

Number of Tracks in Library

plus 50.000 tracks

Description of Issue

I’m new to Roon and have succesfully installed Roon Server in my DS220+. I’ve setup my 14 day free trial account and installed Roon Remote on my Samsung S20+ and my Windows 11 laptop. On both devices I can see the Roon Core on my DS220+, but when I enter my username + password the apps start logging in forever, without ever completing. What am I doing wrong here?

Can you please share a screenshot of what you are seeing.

Sure.

Hey @Putifar,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and welcome to the roon community! I’m sorry to hear you’re running into issues logging into your account. Since a day has passed, I wanted to check in on your issue and see if you were still having issues gaining access to your account?

If so, please give your remote and core a hard reboot. If you’re still running into this issue, please try resetting your account with a fresh password and let me know if you’re able to gain access.

We’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

Thanks for your reply. Yesterday de login procedure on the Roon Remote apps (on both Android and Windows) were finally successful. I did reinstall Roon Server on the NAS, because the Roon Remote app couldn’t find it anymore after a restart of the NAS (after an update of DSM7).

If it’s normal that it takes a day for new accounts to be able to use it, then maybe this should be mentioned in advance. But after a frustrating day I’m now discovering Roon in it’s full glory, and so far I love it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.