Can't login to Tidal - bad username password

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Rock Version 1.0 (build 174) stable Roon Version 1.6 (build 416) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Linn Majik DS

Description Of Issue

Can’t login to Tidal anymore. Keeps saying bad password while I know it’s working. I’ve checked for the tidal_account file it’s not there. I’ve tried rebooting, powering off and waiting. My Tidal subscription is still active as well. Please help!

Hi @Daniel_Smink,

Can you try refreshing the TIDAL Cache folder by using the following steps?

• Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

Also, I would double check that the same login is still working on the TIDAL web player (listen.tidal.com). I have sometimes seen the symptoms you describe when there is an issue with the TIDAL account itself.

Hi @noris

Tried the above sadly it didn’t help. listen.tidal.com works fine, tried logging in and out multiple times.

Hi @Daniel_Smink,

Are you using TIDAL elsewhere at the moment - your car, another music server, machine at the office etc ? If so, can you try to log out from that place and see if login starts to work.

Hi @vova No I’m not using Tidal anywhere else. In fact I changed my password so I’m logged out of all other devices. I did log into listen.tidal.com to try the login details and they work. But afterwards I logged out again.

Just tried again and it appears to be working. Not sure why as nothing changed.

I’m having the same problem. I can log in to the Tidal app, but not Roon. I tried logging out of the Tidal app, but it made no difference.

Hi Steven,

Try rebooting your Roon Core.

Cheers, Greg

I restarted my ROCK, and the iPad app asked whether I wanted to instal an update. I said yes. I was just able to log in on this iPad. Also now working on my iPhone.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.