Can't "love" more than one track at a time in track view [Report Is In]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

imac roon 1.8 (764)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

opticalrendu
Description Of Issue

To keep track of which tracks I have in playlists in itunes
I build a playlist of playlists, select all the tracks and in roon “love” them with the heart in the “…” menu.
This used to work, but with 1.8 no longer seems to.
If I select a single track it works, but > 1 pressing the heart seems to have no effect.

1 Like

Any thoughts from support?

What client are you trying to do this from?

imac macos

No other thoughts?

@support? Is this a known bug, and unknown bug, or am I somehow doing something wrong?

Hey @Peter_Galvin1,

Thanks for following up on your post and sorry about the delay in replying!

As long as the tracks are in your Roon library, you should be able to do exactly what you’ve described: select the tracks you want, click on the ellipsis and favorite all of them:

Could you please give it another try?

Did some more testing.
When I just view tracks, select tracks, “…” → heart, with works to love all of those tracks.
But when I go to a playlist (from itunes), view the tracks, I can heart an individual track but if I select more than one, pressing “heart” doesn’t change the loved status of the tracks.
Seems like a bug to me (and this used to work).

1 Like

Hi @Peter_Galvin1 — It looks like we might have an issue here and we’ve passed this along to QA to investigate. Apologies for the trouble!

I’m experiencing the same issue here.
BTW, if I make a Roon copy of the playlist, the behaviour stays the same, so not only related to iTunes playlists. When will this be solved, ROON ??

Apparently Bruno and I are the only ones to tell Roon about our favorite tracks by selecting playlists and “hearting” them. Sure is annoying that it’s broken and hope it gets fixed soon.

1 Like

I just imported my “Master” playlist which served as my “Liked” songs in my last media player and thought it would be simple to select all and “Like/Favorite”. I found the heart icon and pressing it appeared to do nothing.

I then discovered this thread and came to the conclusion it was a known bug. I then started to think of workarounds and I selected all the songs in the playlist again and added those same songs to a new Tag called “Fav”. As soon as I did that, all of the songs had Hearts (were “liked”/“favorite”). So then I deleted the 'Fav" tag and everything is hunky dory.

It could be it just took Roon a long time to favorite all of those songs (over 2,000) or I may have stumbled on a workaround. Posting here just in case that helps anyone.

@Peter_Galvin1 @Bruno_van_Branden

1 Like

Don’t get it: today a new update installed, but still no fix !?

@Bruno_van_Branden OK, try this on your playlist. I was able to repeat my success:

1. “Select All”
  2. Tap/Click on “…”
  3. Add to Tag
  4. Create New Tag
  5. Navigate to Tags under “My Stuff”
  6. Tap/Click on your newly created Tag
  7. “Select All”
  8. Tap/Click on “…”
  9. Tap/Click on the Heart icon
  10. Navigate to Tags under “My Stuff”
  11. Delete the Tag you created

This worked for me. All the tracks from the playlist are now favorited.

1 Like

That’s a great trick! Works like a charm. Thank you Bryan, this started to frustrate me… Hopefully they’ll won’t read your post, else they’ll be even less motivated at Roon. I’m really disappointed with their support. Never paid that much for software with such really bad support.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.