Can't map to \\NUCLEUS\...with Windows 10 Pro with latest updates

Received my Nucleus+ today. Closely followed getting started (updated firmware, installed internal SSD, formatted internal SSD via web admin interface). Can’t copy files to internal SSD as unable to map or access \NUCLEUS\Data\Storage\InternalStorage

![cant map windows network drive on Nucleus|570x274](upload://wH8 XFRWVdJAfter Format 12 sec later CPWNFkc0IXsg2qWeS.jpeg)

Hi @Mitch_Goldberg,

Can you describe your networking setup? What networking gear is in use? How is the Nucleus and your Windows device connected?

It looks like you have a Nucleus+ — Can you try using \\NUCLEUSPLUS\Data and let us know if that helps?

Does the Nucleus+ require SMB 1 to be enabled in W10?

Network is BT Smart Hub. Please see above screen shot displaying the BT Smart Hub admin page displaying that Nucleus Plus is appearing on my Network. Nuclues+ is connected via CAT5 to the BT Smart Hub directly

no luck with \NUCLEUSPLUS\Data either. Note from above screen shots that my BT Smart Hup shows NucleusPlus on network, however it is not found from my Microsoft Surface Pro (latest version) in network. Yes, have network sharing on.

My Microsoft Surface Pro running latest Windows 10 is connected to same BT Smart Hub wirelessly

Have also tried with my Microsoft Surface Pro described above connected to same BT Smart Hub with CAT5 (no wirelessly), same problem. can’t access \Nucleus…

entering the following Get-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName “SMB1Protocol” in PowerShell (running as Admin) does not display anything other than the >> prompt.

Hi @Mitch_Goldberg,

Can you try connecting using the IP address? Assuming the IP address in the screenshot you shared above is still correct it would be:

\\192.168.1.205\Data

Also, as suggested above, you’ll want to make sure that SMBv1 is enabled:

[quote=“dylan, post:14, topic:97588”]
\192.168.1.205\Data
[/quote]

after enabling SMB:

However cant access \NUCLEUS\Data\Storage\InternalStorage :frowning: :frowning:

Can access now. Thanks for the help. Will leave SMB on.

\\NUCLEUSPLUS\Data?

Hi @Mitch_Goldberg,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

A huge thanks to Roon (Dylan with Roon Support) and the wider Roon Community for helping me in getting this working!

I don’t think I’ve been this excited about setting up a new piece of audio kit. My Nucleus+ will replace my Mac Mini Core in an Audio Research (REF 6 SE Pre, REF CD9 SE CD/DAC, REF 75 Power App), Martin Logan Montis speakers, Crystal Cable(s) throughout system.

It’s going to take days to transfer over ethernet my music. Will post photos in the future to the appropiate group.

Thanks again!
Mitch

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.