Can't Play Artist, but can play Albums via Tidal

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core: Ubuntu Linux Core i3 / Roon 1.8 build 778.
Client is MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 running Roon 1.8 778.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi & switches / Ubiquiti

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB → Schiit Bifrost 2

Description Of Issue

Very regularly, although not always, if I browse and pick “Play Now” for an artist I get an error saying Tidal isn’t available and limiting to local library.

However, if I pick an album from that artist and “Play Now” it plays that album, and then of course switches to Roon Radio or whatever and starts playing other artists. But I just want to play that one artist and various songs across multiple albums.

Seems to be a bug.

Hey @Aaron_Turner,

Please accept my apology for the very delayed reply :pleading_face: . I was hoping this wouldn’t be the case - we’re still catching up with all the open threads.

Around the time you posted, our Roon Radio services were down. Tidal has had some issues too. I was wondering, is this something you’re still experiencing? We’d love to help :nerd_face:

Hi @beka !

Well, this is a problem which went on for weeks. Lately I’ve given up playing artists and just switching to albums, because it doesn’t work reliably enough.

Anyways, I just test it now (8:15pm Pacific) and it worked for the first few artists and then…

Editing to add: For some reason Roon + Tidal really does not like John Coltrane. Almost certainly will cause this bug to happen. What is worse is that Roon always ends up picking up my wife’s Harry Connick Jr. library instead! :grimacing:

Hello @Aaron_Turner ,

Can you please reproduce the issue, note the exact local time + date + artist/track with the error then use these instructions to send us a log set for review? Thanks!

April 22, 2021. 10:13am Pacific:

Download logs here

Hey @Aaron_Turner,

Thanks so much for sending the logs right away :pray: . The reason you haven’t heard back from @noris is because support is only open Monday through Friday.

This thread is in his queue and you should hear from him soon.

Thanks in advance for your patience :pray:

Hate to be annoying @rebeka, but it’s a week since I sent @noris info and haven’t heard back. Just so we’re all on the same page, this ticket has now been open for a month.

Hello @Aaron_Turner ,

Apologies for the delay on this and thank you again for sending the logs over. We are checking with the QA team regarding your case and as soon as we have more info to share, we will let you know, thanks in advance for your patience here!

FYI: John Coltrane still doesn’t work. :frowning:

I notified Roon about this 3 months ago… any ETA?

Hi @Aaron_Turner ,

Apologies for the delay here! I spoke to the team regarding this one and made a few changes server-side, can you please confirm if you’re still seeing this issue at the present time? Thanks!

Hi @noris ,

Did a quick test and it actually worked! So yeah, that’s a huge improvement. Will try again a few more times over the next few days and let you know how it goes.

1 Like

Seems to be working reliably now. Thanks @noris!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.