Can't play reliably with Oppo HA-2 on Nucleus

My ignorance again here Mike…
The Peachtree site makes no mention of “roon ready” etc. If I am only hardwire connecting the Nucleus to the Peachtree amp.(usb),and Peachtree connected to my speakers,to play on one zone, my main stereo system, it will work? The Peachtree dac will receive data from the nucleus,do its work and sent the analogue signal to the speakers.No other hardware or devices needed.Is that Correct?
The" roon ready" certification is for devices to stream over the network (which doesn’t apply to me)? Correct?
thanks

I just logged onto tidal and without my database uploaded yet and all my tidal albums were populated! That’s great! I was thinking I would have to upload my database for this to occur.

Correct, Roon Ready is for network devices. Roon Tested is for USB devices that we have tested and certified for use with Roon. More details here.

Should the above work Mike?

Update…tested the Nucleus and Peachtree nova 300 in store and seem to work fine. It is interesting that although I am not a hi fi equiptment expert, I often know a lot more about roon than the salepeople. This particular,well regarded hi end shop didn’t know You could usb connect the Peachtree to the Nucleus. In the short time they have sold the nucleus, it has only been set up as a streamer via html.

Well due to the Malaysia election results I’m not going up there today so will try my Oppo HA-2 on my rock setup playing…but I don’t have usb attached storage, so might not be a completely indicative setup, but @mike I’ll pm you once this is done and if you want diags just let me know.

Hi Mike,
I auditioned the Peachtree nova150 and the 300 today. They were usb’ed to a nucleus in the store and seemed to sound very good and worked fine with the nucleus in the short time there. I am going to get the 300. I will not use the oppo any more with the Nucleus,( although, as I said, problems occur with and without the oppo).
I plan to soon load my database backup to the Nucleus.

Question: Do I need to do any tidying up old storage locations once the backup is restored, or so long as they aren’t enabled it’s ok to leave them?
thanks James

FYI I have been playing my HA-2 at DSD256 on my NUC / ROCK for 12 hours so far no issues

As mentioned previously.My problems occurred with and without the oppo. Very confusing and frustrating.A first world problem, non the less.:slightly_smiling_face:

Roon stores your data separate from the storage locations – things like edits, playlists, play history, etc are all stored in your database, so you can freely remove storage locations from Roon without worrying.

Point being, keeping deprecated storage locations around will only cause problems. If you’re moving to a new storage device, my advice would be to follow these instructions.

Thanks Mike,
I read the link. A bit confusing but it doesn’t seem to mention deleting old storage locations. Just disabling them. So in the image below which I imagine I will see again when I restore my backup, should I delete or disable all but the current storage location?

Sorry if I’m making you repeat yourself but would you mind just quickly summarizing:

• What the previous storage configuration was
  • What has changed?

Then I can walk you through this step-by-step.

Sure Mike,
On the new nucleus with all the testing I have cycled through;

1. A 4tb Seagate external usb drive
  2. A 32gb usb stick
  3. Currently using a new 4 tb Seagate usb expansion drive.

1 and 3 above have exact copies of my library on them.
I have not restored my backup yet.

This is currently what is showing. I’m assuming, maybe incorrectly, this will change once I install my backup.

My HA-2 still going strong after more than 36 hours… so perhaps your HA-2 is problematic or just some unlucky combination of connections.

I think it may be the latter Wizard.The problem with “files unavailable” and play stopping occurred with, and without the oppo in the chain. It may ever remain a mystery. Anyway the oppo is out and the Peachtree is in now. So far, so good.

1 Like

I love the OPPO HA-2 for traveling … and the Sonica DAC for home but also use the HA-1 at home too now and then for use with my PM-2 Balanced cable cans.

My speakers are all actives www.linkwitzlab.com so stereo amps / speakers are a rare thing I’m my house. I can never go back to speakers in boxes.

Agree.The HA-2 has been a loyal and worthy performer over the last 2 or 3 years for me.

Sure Mike,
On the new nucleus with all the testing I have cycled through;

A 4tb Seagate external usb drive
A 32gb usb stick
Currently using a new 4 tb Seagate usb expansion drive.
1 and 3 above have exact copies of my library on them.

I have not restored my backup yet, but want to Asap.
I have the Nucleus directly usb’ed to my new Peachtree Nova 300 amp.now. Sounds great!

1 Like

Hey Wizard,
I got the Peachtree 300 and the play is flawless and fantastic. I don’t know whether the poor little oppo was the culprit or some other reason. Anyway, will enjoy the oppo with other devices.

1 Like

I’ve often looked at the PeachTree devices and liked the idea of the tube fronted on them but never went that route. Glad you found someting to replace the Oppo HA-2 … I still use it when I travel, mainly as a battery but sometimes when I want to have a portable DAC or drive some better cans when on the road.