Can't see dCS network bridge on network [Firewall Configuration Issue]

But how did you find your dCS DAC on your network?

Restart, again and again the dCS.
Is the combination of Roon and dCS.
With Upnp no problems.

My info:
I am running Roon 1.3 (build 269) 64 bit on a
MacBook Pro (15 inch, 2017, 16GB RAM) with OS High Sierra 10.13.1
Music library is stored on a QNAP TS-251+

I can’t see my dCS network bridge. I can see it on my network on my router. I can play music through my dCS app, but Roon doesn’t see it. I have turned everything off and on again but still nothing. Had this problem last week too. Reinstalled Roon from scratch and then it worked, but when I tried that again it didn’t work this time. Seems to happen after I update my OS and restart the MacBook Pro. Need some help please!!!

Erik

Hi @Erik_Kupperman ----- Thank you for the report. I saw you had posted the same issue in a few different spots so we have consolidated all of your posts “here” and made this a “support” thread instead of a “Roon software” thread.

Moving forward, at first glance it does feel like this behavior is related to some kind of active security setting on your Macbook Pro. Could you please as a test, completely disable your firewalls on the MBP and verify if the dCS bridge re-appears.

-Eric

Yes, when I disable the firewall, then I can see the dCS. Never had this problem before. Do I have to keep the firewall off in order to use Roon?

Hi @Erik_Kupperman ---- Thank you for verifying that information for me.

If you want to keep your firewall active you will need to make sure that there are security exceptions in place for “Roon” and “RAATServer”.

-Eric

Any guidance on how I actually do that? I’m not particularly computer savvy…Thanks

Hi @Erik_Kupperman ---- I did a quick google search and came up with the following:

Perfect! Thanks again.

Erik

1 Like