Can't see W10 machine as audio zone

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacOS 10.14.3 Mojave on MacMini late 2012 w/ Roon 10.0.1.85

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Apple Airport Extreme Version 7.8.1 on ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

MacMini is core machine. W10 desktop for core functions and playback and IOS for playback.

Description Of Issue

I can not set my W10 desktop as a local zone for playback.

I set up Roon on my MacMini to run as the server. I installed the full version, not the server version and everything appears to work perfectly. I installed the Roon app on IOS and everhting appears to work well also. I installed Roon on my W10 desktop and I could see my library and play to my ATV thats connected to my stereo, but I could not set the desktop as an audio zone for local playback. Not sure if the Schiit Modi 1 usb dac makes a difference, but rather plugged in or not, I could not get sound from Roon…or see the desktop as a zone. I installed Roon on my work laptop thats also a W10 machine and it set up perfectly as a local audio zone. How do I get my desktop to appear as a local zone?

Hi @Preston_Robinson,

If you temporarily disable the firewall on this machine is there any change? If so, make sure to put exceptions in place for Roon and RAATServer and that should work for you.

1 Like

Dylan, temporarily disabling the firewall worked. I’ve set the local zone and have audio. However, if I toggle the firewall back on, I loose audio. Is there a fix for that where I can have the firewall on?

Hi @Preston_Robinson,

If you set exceptions for Roon and RAATServer in your firewall’s settings that should get things working.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.