Cant stream to Bricasti M3 DAC

Roon Core Machine

MacBook with latest software.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

WiFi/Ethernet XFINITY WiFi.

Connected Audio Devices

See above

Bricasti M3 DAC.
to XFINITY POD (no lights on POD, so POD is online).

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon shows Bricasti M3 DAC as sending a signal/ music … MacBook shows M3 “dancing bars” in Roon as music is playing. I can hear on laptop, but can’t get music to play via DAC and downstream equipment.

I have rebooted multiple times both MacBook, Roon and M3. Any help is appreciated

Fill in the missing requested information or people will be guessing.
Have you done basic troubleshooting like rebooting everything from the network outward

Thank you, yes I have rebooted everything including XFINITY WIFI box. XFINITY POD is active.

Again, fill in all the required information.

1 Like

Hey @KEVIN_SAHR,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and welcome to the community! We’re excited to have you here, and I’m looking forward to helping you get to the bottom of this issue.

I do want to note that @ged_hickman1 is steering you in the right direction in regards to filling in as much information on your overall setup as possible. Specific OS on your core, specific router models, and anything included in your network setup with allow the support team to better hone in on what might be going on.

I have a few follow-up questions for you:

1. How is your core connected to your router? We strongly encourage any core device to be hardwired to their network.
  2. How is your M3 connected to your core? Are you are using the network streamer in the M3? Or, are you connected via USB? Do you run into the same issue no matter how it is connected to your core?
  3. If possible, can you include a screenshot of your signal path when connected to the M3?

If you try turning your M3 off and on again, does that provide any sound when playing audio?

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.