Can't upgrade Arc iOS app and can't download albums to Arc

After the latest upgrade to Roon I can’t download albums to Arc. I get a message that says something like (it’s originally in Spanish) “Can’t download now, please try later”

It might have to do with the fact that I installed Roon 2.0.14 both in my Core and in my iOS devices but the Arc app in my iOS devices is stuck on version 1.0.33 build 150. I’ve repeatedly looked for the upgrade in the App Store and it doesn’t show

Possibly. Sometimes Apple and Google take a bit of time until the update appears in the respective phone stores.

Roon can’t control that, they could theoretically just wait with the Core/server and Windows/Mac updates until the apps appear in the stores.

Some people wait with their Core updates until the phone/tablet app has updated

Same here. I guessed it’s to do with the mismatch

48hrs after Roon Core & Remote app were upgraded, Arc upgrade still not in App Store. I can’t longer download albums and Arc doesn’t work over mobile network (“ok-ish” over wifi)

1 Like

I got the ARC build 170 through the Google Play store yesterday, in Germany, seems Apple might be slower this time

I downloaded and installed upgrades for Core and remote on Friday and Arc update is still not available in the Apple App Store as of today Sunday (Spain’s store)

1 Like

Here in Canada new Arc not available yet either … I cannot download tracks to my iPhone, I get “download could not be initiated” error message. Not the best user experience!

There is a way to download albums until the upgrade happens. From another thread (below)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.